My kids (including the “big” kids of the family…) love a good smoothie. It’s a great way to get a few more serves of fruit into us every day and they taste so good! I love experimenting with different fruits and flavours (although it’s easy to get a bit carried away sometimes and we’ve had a few major disasters!)
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Vanilla Berry: Milk, a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, strawberry topping and a generous handful of fresh (or frozen) raspberries.
- Choc Malt Banana: Milk, a scoop of chocolate ice-cream, 2 tablespoons of malted milk powder, 1 chopped and peeled banana. Crumbled Flake chocolate on top to serve.
- Banana, Kiwi Fruit & Strawberry: Millk, one peeled and chopped banana, 6 hulled and halved strawberries, one peeled and chopped kiwi fruit, tub of vanilla yoghurt.
- Berry, Banana & Honey: Milk, 1 chopped and peeled banana, 6 hulled and halved strawberries, 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Breakfast Smoothie: Milk, 1 peeled and chopped banana, 1 crumbled weetbix, 1 tub vanilla yoghurt, 1 tbsp Milo, 2 tsp honey, ½ cup ice
And if after all that healthiness you feel like something a bit more naughty – then try this:
- Strawberry, Vodka and Orange: 150ml vodka, 2 cups orange juice, a dozen hulled and halved strawberries, 3 scoops of orange sorbet, ½ cup ice.