This is a super quick lunch, dinner, snack or party food – how versatile! One of the kids recently had to provide a plate of food for a class function and we took these in…. the tray was empty when I picked it up!
Needless to say, the kids absolutely love getting involved in this pizza making – because it is super hands-on.
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes. Eating time: 2 minutes.
You will need:
- English muffins
- Shredded ham (from the deli, or you can shred it yourself)
- Tomato paste or pasta sauce (I use the Raguletto Venetian Herbs and Spices pasta sauce for EVERYTHING I do that needs pasta sauce. It is super delicious – with a bit of a sweetness to it.)
- Cheese, grated or sliced (see below)
- Pineapple, corn, olives (optional)
- Herbs for sprinkling (if the kids don’t mind ‘green bits’!)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Slice open all the muffins and place them face up on a lined baking sheet.
Use a dessert spoon to grab a scoop of pasta sauce from the jar and tip it onto a muffin base, spreading it out with the back of the spoon (don’t you feel like a real pizza chef when you do that? We do!)
(optional: dot a few pieces of pineapple, corn, olives on top of the ham)
Sprinkle some shredded ham onto each base, followed by some grated cheese.
((I’ve shown you below what it looks like if you use a slice of cheese instead of grated… it can be a bit neater but it doesn’t look as home-made.))
If your kids are not going to say ‘ewwww, green stuff.. I’m not eating that’ then go ahead and sprinkle some mixed herbs on the top.
Slide into the oven for about 15 minutes but just keep an eye on them after 10 minutes. You want the cheese to JUST be going golden.
^ grated cheese comes out like this ^
^ sliced cheese comes out like this ^