- Tragedy in Brazil with twelve students killed in a school shooting rampage. Shocking news especially in light of talk in Australia of searching all students heading into schools. My major flaw with that approach is that with such large schoolyards it would be very hard to guard or secure all perimeter fence.
- Andrew Bolt – racist or telling it like it is in regards to aboriginality? He ‘escaped’ that one, Either way, Channel 10 have given him a new TV show on Sunday mornings. I doubt this will be a hit especially judging by the amount of bad press he is getting for his miss-informed quoting on ABC’s Insiders.
- The death toll from the Japan earthquake/tsunami has topped 25,000, with more aftershocks continuing. How do you calculate the costs of current workers to be affected at the nuclear power station and the generations to come that may be affected. Some schools have closed in South Korea due to fallout from Japan.
- Not that this is sport, more so parenting – good to see Ricky Nixon not appealing his ban from being a player agent and apparently deciding to step away from the industry. If I had a 17 year old son looking to find someone to help him on his AFL career I’m sure I wouldn’t let Ricky be his guide!
- …. what do you think should appear here, FiveHivers?
Murray in a Hurry News Wrap up for 8 April
Posted by April 8, 2011 1 Commenton