Camel – yes it is the colour for winter.
Camel is a huge colour this season. As I worked with a client I was reminded how many people find camel a tricky colour to wear. To be honest I think it is a fantastic colour. Camel works beautifully with other neutrals like brown and cream. They are the most obvious. It also teams magnificently with rich gem like colours. As you can see from the image here I have shown you how you can wear it or if you simply do not what to wear it accessorize with it for a fabulous finish.
I am going to share with you 5 ways to make camel work for you this season.
1. Your hair colour will influence the best way for you to wear camel.
- If you have blonde or light brown hair you will look best in the softer options on the right hand side.
- Should you be brunette, ensure that you use contrast to bring the camel alive for you.
- Finally if your hair is soft auburn or strawberry blonde working camel in with other neutrals and warm tones will work the best.
2. Accessorise with camel with your shoes or handbag
3. If you do not like it near your face wear woolen camel trousers, you will be in style but not fee; that it is over bearing
4. Show your wild side – accessorise your camel with animal prints to look fashionable and a little feisty this winter
5. Keep it simple. make it the accent rather than the primary colour. By that in all of the above examples I would expect the camel to be your jacket, pants, shoes or handbag. If you want to only put your little toe into the camel pool, then find a camel cami to wear under a shirt, find a scarf with some camel incorporated into the print so that you can wear your regular work or social clothes yet still be fashionably up to date yet not over powered by the colour camel.
Have fun and remember that no matter what anyone says, it is all about how you feel and what works for you.
Cheers , Clare Maxfield