- Shop around. Always shop around. You can save $300 on a fridge, $50 on bulk meat buys or $30 on take out meals. That is money you will no longer have to earn. (Saving is like free money – no one can tax you on it.)
- Everything comes on sale eventually. My favourite mantra! Just wait till the item is half price, then snap it up.
- Second hand goods are high quality and good value. You can save loads buying second hand. Second hand goods have stood the test of time. If it has been used for ten years and is still working, then it stands a chance in your home.
- Shop smart. Know your prices, know your stores and team up with friends. Ask your friends how they get discounts!
- Set yourself a goal. You need to know what it is you are working towards or a reason for keeping your money. Decide what you want and write it on the fridge. You need to have a reason to stick to it.
Five ways to shop smarter
Posted by March 15, 2011 Leave a Commenton