5 Things to do while you are on hold
A guest post by FiveHiver Kay from www.hectichelpers.com.au
There are not many things that are as annoying as being on hold for long periods of time. Instead getting frustrated with how long it is taking, try these things to pass the time.
- Give the fridge a quick clean out. Start with the fruit & vegie drawer and dispose of anything wilted and smelly. Then move on to the dairy products. Check the use by dates and dispose of any that have passed. If you are still on hold at this time, take a look at your sauces. Did you know most of these have use by or best before dates? Check them.
- Make a start on your meal plans for the coming week. You can add the ingredients to the shpping list at the same time if the muzac is still playing in your ear.
- Filing. Even if you don’t have a home office, there are still bills etc that need to be filed away. This is the perfect time to do this not very exciting job.
- Sort through your business cards. Do you really need cards from people that you used to work with 10 years and 4 jobs ago?
- I could suggest hanging out the washing or doing a bit of dusting for my last suggestion, but sometimes the best thing to do while you are on hold is…. nothing. Sit down for 5 minutes and tune out.