Introducing newest FiveHive expert – Murray! He’s got his finger on the pulse and he’s going to help us busy parents out at the end of each week with a summary of the hot news topics of the week. This week is pretty Melbourne-centric so give us your feedback – do you want more international news, local, or a mixture?
- Footy is back! Gold Coast Suns play their first ever AFL match this week against Carlton. The only question will be how much the boys in Queensland will get beaten up by Carlton’s men! Would former Rugby player Israel Falou get a gig with any AFL team if he wasn’t paid a couple of million to convert…pffft, of course not. He better draw a crowd!
- On the other hand, Footy is back! Yes ladies, say good night to Friday nights curled up on the couch with the other half watching Beaches or Ghost. What are you planning on doing with all this spare time on our hands?
- Mark McInnes the ex DJ’s CEO is back as CEO of Solly Lew’s Premier Investments. Legally he has done the ‘crime’ and paid the fine however are we a little too forgiving of his ways? Will you boycott Just Group stores?
- Did you read the article in The Age early this week about how some real estate agents think the press dictate consumer spending on houses? Surely if you are about to spend half a mill you won’t not buy because a guy in the paper tells you the market had a bad week so be careful! Buyer beware is one thing, buyer be ignorant is inexcusable. Suck it up agents – if you’re good you’ll be OK, the market will pick up for you. If not, get out.
- Sorry for another sport reference folks, but the end is nigh for Ricky Ponting. Pup has stepped up as Captain of the test and one day teams which at least ensures he gets selected (his batting average in the last year in tests is 21). Clarky has also ‘revealed’ his new girlfriend to the world – does this mean he will get her name tattooed over Lara’s?