Do you want to look good but only have a few minutes to get ready in the morning?
In under 5 minutes you can be made-up, looking fresh and feeling fab.
Mums and women of all ages complain that putting their make-up on either takes too long, they don’t know how or is too difficult. Whether you were up all night with your kids, working late or having a big night out; the next morning , you will feel better if you look better. I’ve been teaching women for years how to apply their make-up quickly and easily for the maximum effect. I hope you enjoy these short videos. For more of my tips watch here as I’ll be sharing with you my top 5 tips through out the year on looking gorgeous.
** If you want to learn how to do your own make-up and have some fun with friends, I can come to your house and teach all of you.. details to come but if you’d like to be notified when they are available, leave a comment below.
[Ed: We had an absolute ball being models for Clare today - first she showed us how she does her own makeup in under 5 minutes, then she did Jane's then mine. Because I have a penchant for dramatic makeup at times, she then did a 'stage 2' version on top of my makeup, to show how far you can take things. Check out the before/after photos! what do you think?]
You will need:
- Mineral based foundation (this is best, because you can layer it for more coverage) and kabuki brush
- Mineral based blush and foundation brush (angled)
- Cake eyeliner (it comes in a pot like an eyeshadow) and eyeliner brush (you will apply the eyeliner with a slightly wet eyeliner brush)
- Eyeshadow and eyeshadow brush
- Lipliner and lipstick (with a lipstick brush) or gloss.
- Use a kabuki brush (short, full brush) to sweep mineral foundation over your whole face
- Using a blush brush, apply a sweep of blush ON the cheekbone closest to the temple and angled down slightly. No need to colour the apple of the cheek.
- If you are in a hurry (about to leave for the school run for example), sweep the blush brush over your eyelids and in an angle up to your hairline
- Dip your eyeliner brush in a bit of water, swirl it around in your eyeliner pot and carefully create an eyeline above your natural upper lash line.
- For the lower eyeliner, apply the liquid liner a tiny bit below your lower lash line.
- For a bit of colour on the tops of your eyelids, use an eyeshadow brush and create shading which extends no further than the edge of your eyebrows.
- Now, apply mascara to the top lashes. Don’t pump your brush in and out – that causes oxygen to enter the chamber and decreases the life of the mascara.
- For the lower lashes, just a short wiggle of the brush will do.
- Draw an outline following the lip’s natural outline – colouring in a bit of the lip if you like.
- Apply lipstick with a lipstick brush – or apply gloss.
We are actually going to package up a kit with everything you need for your 5 Minute Makeup Routine – there will be one for each skin colour/type. If you’re keen to be notified about the kit when it’s available, just leave a comment below or email email@example.com.
So – what’s your own makeup routine.. are there any tips we can add to Clare’s magic?