Five Step Smartie Biscuits
guest post by Melissa Williscroft :: MJS Virtual
These snazzy biscuits are a firm favourite in our household – for parents and children alike. They are super easy to make and have simple steps so that your children can get involved too.
You will need:
125g butter – at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup self raising flour
½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Smarties to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray two large baking trays with spray oil.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugars together, then beat in egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift flours and bicarbonate of soda together and fold into butter mixture.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Arrange on prepared trays and flatten slightly. Involve your child by getting them to top with Smarties.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 20